What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternatives to grass lawns?

:blush: Hey nothing wrong with a moss lawn, out here in the middle of the woods our small yard around the house is all moss and it looks AWSOME, less mowing, less weeds other than the occasinal wild flower, trilliums ect.ect but it mainly stays weed free and theres several diffrent types mosses all growing thruout the back yard. The best part about it is its easy on the bare feet. And theres no need for fertalizing it. It has been dandelion free for over 10 yrs but this yr i noticed a few. :blush: Each yr it grows further and further across the yard and a pretty good rate. I will snap some pics of it tomarrow and get um posted and also snap up close pics of the moss itself. The rest of our property is totaly woods and hills. Whats nice is always have a supply of fresh moss for my tarantula tanks and also for other terrariums and such when needed.

Joe.... just what are you getting at? :jester:

Slug sympathizers will not be tolerated in the new regime!!!
Seriously, though, it's not that I dislike dandelions or other similar weeds. It's just that they tend to indicate an unhealthy or imbalanced ecology in your yard/garden/whatever.
~Joe

PS - I wish my landlord saw things your way, Barracuda.

Back