What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ways to root mint

I got some mint from the store. I'm going to try and root it. Should I use LFS or something else? Can it root without the leaves because I wanna make some alcoholic drinks.

Mint roots very easily, as long as it is kept moist. Cut a stem, preferably with some leaves on the top half (a single pair of leaves is fine) and the leaves removed from the bottom half (at least one node, place where leaves were attached). Fill a small pot with good potting soil. insert the 1/2 with the bare stem in the soil, water, place the whole thing in a ziploc bag), and put it in bright light (but not direct sun). After a week or two you will see new growth. Gradually open the bag more and more. Adjust slowly to more sun. Then you can plant it outside or in a large pot.

You could also root sections in plan water first. I like rooting things in soil.

Back