What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack in the Pulpit Photo

• Thread starter homer
  • Start date
Can't go wrong with Jack-in-the-Pulpits. Two recently bloomed.

jackinthepulpit_2008.jpg

Homer

Nice shot Homer. Reminds me it's time to go wandering around the woods and look for a couple things !

Nice! How are you growing them? Mine always die, the leaves dry up or the bulbs rot.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks everyone. I grow them in standard potting soil for the most part, keeping it moist to wet, in shade. The plant starts growth in early May, then typically yellows and dies down in August-September. I keep it moist year round. The pot is kept outdoors year around... winter it gets down to high teens or low 20's where I live. Days 95% of the time above freezing during the winter, so the pot doesn't freeze solid for more than a day.

I recommend top watering, and just keep it moist.

I have also dug up the bulbs, place them in just-damp paper towels, individually, and stored them in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator over the winter. In spring, they'll show signs of life, then just pot them up. You can put them in the fridge early fall.

Hope this helps.

Homer

Beautiful plant, Home. Thanks for posting those. Good to see your plants again.

xvart.

I'd like one of those... cool-looking plant. Even though it's not carnivorous it could pretend to be with my Sarrs around, LOL

Nice. It reminds me of the woods back home in Michigan. I didnt get a chance to look for these this year, its one of my favorite plants to see in the woods back home.

very nice homer, flowers remind me of Sarracenia pitchers, i love em..

BEAUTIFUL PLANT! I have never seen anything like that before!

Back