What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just showing off my plant-kid

I have a Dracaena sanderiana [lucky bamboo] plant right now [well two, really!]. It's fairly small and we had an incident where some leaves turned yellow a couple months ago, but I snipped those and we've been doing good since. They need a names, though... suggestions? ??? I've had them for about a year, I think. My mom had them for a year or so before that... main stalks grows slow but the side stalks and leaves are CRAZY tall! About 15 and 1/2 inches from the base of the bigger one to the top of the bigger one's tallest leaf.

bamboo1.png
bamboo2.png
[where I'm keeping them]

By the way... I HIGHLY recommend lucky bamboo as a beginner's plant, it stays alive super easily. You water once a month, and it doesn't even really need a lot of sunlight... has grown great in a windowless bathroom for several months.

Call them Panda Food :-))

Anyways, I have bamboo in my backyard and we called it Budha, so maybe something after in China and what not? Maybe you can call one of them Lucky (That seems more of a dog's name, though :p)?

Lucky Bamboo actually isn't real bamboo, lol. But I might look up the Chinese words for Rat and something else, hee.

I picked off most of that dead-looking stuff last night, by the way. It looks nice and green underneath :D I am pleased.

Yes, I know it's not really bamboo. Just messing with you ;) A Chinese name seems nice.

Back