What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about unknown house plant...

joossa

Aklys
Hi everyone. I have had this houseplant for a couple of years now and it has gotten huge compared to when I first got it. Since then, it has grown two additional growth points and the mature points are now quite big and tall.

First does anyone know the ID (sorry for the first blurry picture)? I think it was labeled a Moses in a Cradle/Basket, but it doesn't look like the ones online....

Also, the plant is getting pretty big for its pot, so I will be repotting it soon. One concern that I have is that the plant is creating what seem to be aerial roots that originate from the top portion of the "rhizome". When growing, the roots hang in the air and eventually find the soil and dig in. Some of these are visible in the pictures. Are these roots normal or does the plant need to be buried deeper into the soil? My concern is that there are leaf stems originating below the point where there are roots.

Also, the "rhizomes" are getting pretty tall and on account of this the plants are very wobbly. Is this normal as well? Will the rhizomes just keep getting taller as the plant ages?

Thanks!

P1290040.jpg

P1290042.jpg

P1290046.jpg

P1290043.jpg

its an Anthurium and the growth your seeing is normal.........

Thanks! =)

Back