What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monstera help needed..

Hi all!

I have these 2 Monstera deliciosas, and i have a few questions about them, some here might be able to answer..

In all the articles ive read about them, it basically says 'shady or indirect light, lots of water and fertilizer'. I have one on a sill and the other in my bedroom where its a bit darker.

Thing is this; the newest leaves are rather a lot smaller than the previous ones. Last leaf on one was about 8x8 inches, and this latest is about 5x5 inches...
Do the leaves grow larger after theyve unfolded, or stay that same size?
These are the first leaves it made in my care btw.
These guys are supposedly very easy, but I want way huge leaves... tips anyone?

Thanks /Quensel

Yes, the leaf will grow a bit after they unfold completly. They do well in good indirect light but if the light, humidity and temp are at low levels the new leaf will loose in size and grow slower.

Don't panic. Mosteras (and most Philodendrons) reduce the size of the leaves when conditions change.

Huge leaves mean old, leggy, ugly plants. I like them when small.

Thanks, thats what i needed to hear; that its a reaction to new conditions, not permanent.

I like em leggy and horrid... sort of lurking, with all those aerial roots..

/Dan

Back