What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iris photos

Indiana Gardener

Got Drosera?
I really like bearded irises, but not just any of them. I'm quite picky. My main interest is with the 6 fall varieties that resemble I. ensata, which I have been unable to grow.

So far I have

'Judy Mogil'
judy-mogil.jpg

'Flopsy'
flopsy.jpg

'Six Pack' Check it out, 5 style arms and stigmas! If it's fertile, that should be great!
six-pack.jpg

and 'Flat Rate'
(will post a photo when the buds open)

I want to get more flat beardeds later this yr.

I don't know if this is where I put this, but I think I am splitting up some of my irisis. did I spell that right. anyway, if I do, would you be interested. They look like the six pack, but three instead of 6. I think they are the bearded, but I don't know.

I really appreciate the offer, but I'm actually only interested in named varieties with six falls and no standards.

nice pics, i have just recently been introduced to these beautiful flowers, they really are something special! I love the color of the one in the first pic.

nice.....i love irises.....dont have any that look like that.....just beardeds of various sizes and lil ones that are damn near impossible to kill.....ive seen them survive our brutal winters with the rhizomes exposed to the air.....

Absolutely gorgeous!

'Flat Rate' still has yet to open, but I took some pics of something interesting I found this evening. It's a polytepal bloom on 'Judy Mogil'. It has a 4th regular, all be it upside-down and in the wrong place, stigma/style arm. The oddest thing though, is its 5th stigma. It's in the form of a tube. No seam. Just a perfect little straw.

polytepal-judy-mogil.jpg

'Flat Rate' finally opened this morning.

iris-flat-rate.jpg

Beautiful. One of the nicest Irises I´ve seen.

Back