What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bird of paradise sowing help

hey everyone i have bought bird of paradise seeds i went online to read some sowing tips.

options:
1. Pull off orange tuff and then put in water for 2 days
2. Pull off orange tuff and put into soil and keep very moist

so this leads me to my question.

the first option i do not like personally lol so does anyone know if i may use the second option because this sounds better and easier to me lol any one have any idea ?

Richard

no clue but do know you got a long time before seeing flowers.....they dont tend to bloom till they are rootbound in a 10 inch or bigger pot......

haha yea i know they take a long times a few years i hope i can find out if i can use option 2 because the quicker the better lol soon when it gets bigger i will plant outdoors maybe but for now when i find out i will grow inside

It is not the time it takes ^^ it is the beauty within

Any one ? i really dont want to use option one is is option 2 ok ?

why not try both? I tried just planting them in a pot without any treatment and nothing grew.

BTW, I think I see a sprout in that pot.

nice i hope it goes good for you when you say you took no care did u even pull off the orange tuff i now have 1 seed potted up in some sphagnum and perlite i dont think i will bother with option 1 if option 2 works was going to try both but didnt have enough pots and i really needed one for my water melon seeds lol

Back