What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone happen to know what these are?

• Thread starter sarracenia
  • Start date
Saw these while hiking in British Columbia. The yellow one was seen in a rainforest near the western coast of Vancouver Island, while the purple one was found further inland, in a mountainous area. I think they're some kind of saprophytic plant, like Squawroot or something like that. Been googling and hard to find a perfect ID.

2.jpg

1.jpg

it sorta looks like some type of horsetail to me.

Those look familiar to me, they are plants! saprophytic plants... They will get taller and be more easily IDed at that point, try googling "boschniakia" and looking at the images.

Hmmm. Very familiar...

CLICKY

Awesome! I havent seen that page before. These are some of my favorite plants, they can be hard to find though. I know some great locations in Washington state where many species grow in the same general area.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I think the top one is too small to ID, it could actually be the same species as the bottom plant, color is very variable.

thanks for the replies. yes, i do believe they are Boschniakia. i've found pics of them both yellow and purple.

Back