What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glowing mushrooms?

• Thread starter Chomp
  • Start date

Chomp

Oops
So the stinkhorn shrooms didn't work... But I'd like to put some glowing MRs in my terra. does anyone have some? Does anyone know where to get em?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!
Chomp

Why Did You Have To Bring Up Glowing Mushrooms

Now I Want Some

PLEASE Hit Me Up If You Find Any

As far as the stinkhorn not working what did you try? Whatever process you did to inoculate an area it may be a very long time before you ever see a first mushroom, possibly a year or more. What you don't see is the mycelium underground (or inside a piece of wood) growing and spreading it's fibers throughout the substrate, then the conditions have to be right for fruiting i.e. creating the "mushroom".

Looks like this is a wood growing species so if you used a large portion of orchid bark, mulch or other wood product in your terrarium substrate you may have better luck than simply squirting a syringe into an all peat or coir substrate.

I had mushrooms popping up for some time in my anole terrarium which is about 70% bark and 30% sphagnum peat but I didn't do anything to get them they just came and went several times until they exhausted themselves. They haven't come back in a few years now. There were shaggy orange ones, tall conical white ones and very small skinny gray ones. They only lasted a day or two and then they'd melt down.

Never got any stinkhorn spores... I'm about to look at the link. (I'm actually sweating over it. Weird, huh?)

hey, they have two types of glowing shrooms! cant wait to get some!

Um, I think it's illeagel to get those In the USA... is is?

Only the Psilocybin spores are illegal to grow. You can possess all the Psilocybin spores you want but you can't germinate them. Except in New Mexico where you may cultivate them as a personal religious sacrament - or you could at one time.

The other kinds of mushrooms (like the glowing ones) are fine to posses and grow all you want.

Oh, whew! That could've gotten ugly...

Well just owning the spores is fine so nobody would ever know or care that you had ordered them. But if the cops ever came to your house for some reason and found a magic mushroom factory going on THEN they'd care! LOL

Glowing mushrooms in a terrarium.... That is a freaggin ridiculously awesome idea.

I just doubt that keeping a continuous culture fruiting and colonizing within a tropical terrarium would be viable in the long run.... Maybe though, if they are tropical.

It's not so much the temps cos those can be controlled easily enough but rather the refreshing of nutrients absorbed by prior mushroom crops. Once those nutes are used up they're gone until enough deterious builds up to inspire another. If I use Tropical Forest orchid bark in a terrarium soil mix I always get mushrooms after a few months but after they fruit they don't come back for repeat showings even if the same soil is left in the terrarium for years.

I had a white "shingle" mushroom grow on the back of a piece of oak wood last week I was hoping it would grow and wrap around to the front but it never hardened off like the ones in the woods. It just got soggy after a few days. If the terrarium has active ventilation they tend to last longer. I had various mushrooms pop up in my HL nep chamber and they would last a lot longer than the 10 & 20 gallon terarriums with no fan blowing in fresh cool air.

Back