What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with ID

I bought these plants at the grocery store for a couple of bucks each.

The first looks like a variegated vining plant and has very thick leaves.
DSCN4885.jpg

Here's the next, it's the healthier of the two. If you need a better picture of the flower I may post one tomorrow. I took these hurriedly because my battery was dying...
DSCN4884.jpg

Looks like you're right, Mach. Do you just know all of these in your head, or do you have some fancy resource? Every time I need an ID your bound to chime in.

some of both. Have never really seen primula in real life it isnt really popular here in Hawaii. Hoya OTOH are fairly popular and not too uncommon. It is sort of what i did for a while, just cataloging plants in the head, read seed/plant catalogs look at pictures.....

I've seen very few plants. The only nurseries for at least 100 miles any direction only do landscaping really. They carry supplies for orchids and other plants but don't carry any very often, and, not being blessed with living in Hawaii, I only have arid grassland plants to look at outside.

Recognized both! I've had a primula before the flowers smell nice. Although some don't have a sent.

Anyways to be more exact that is a hoya carnosa, very tough plant indeed. It has a very curious growth habit, makes these long stems, and then a few months later it makes the leaves. I still haven't been able to find one!

Back