What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonsai?

Any bonsai growers here? If so... Wanna post some pics? :D

Just a month or so too late! I have two bonsai, but they are back home and I'm at school right now. When i go back, i'll try to remember to snap a few pictures for you and post em here.

I dont even really remember asking this... :D weird lol. I dont have any right now but I did have a fukien tea a year ago... It got over run in the night by some sort of bug... I figured since I had plans of getting a grow shelf I'd dedicate a place for just bonsai and was hoping that some people on here would have stuff to show so I can get an idea of what I want. But I know for sure I want to get Prunus Serrulata!
I have two bonsai
What two do you have?

bonsai from seed....
i hope youre still young

What two do you have?

Nothing fancy, just a juniper that was given to me as a bonsai, and then I liked it so much, I made one out of heather. I forgot to take pictures again...

"Pinus"... :-))

Er, Pineapple, you really need to work on your knowledge of pronunciation ... the "i" in that word is pronounced as a a short "i" not as a long "e". :poke:

For any who might be interested in some pics (none of which are mine) I offer you this link -- just keep scrolling down the page.

http://www.artofbonsai.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1458

*NOTE: I hearby absolve myself of any keyboards which are shorted out due to uncontrollable drooling as well as any unremovable nose smudges on monitor screens resulting from the viewing of above said link.

The reason I got the seeds was a package I purchased at a garage sale somewhere for a buck or two. The box had a nice blue glazed bonsai pot, some wire, small clippers, soil, gravel, and some other stuff. A moneymaker/crap! what do I give as a gift thing for sure, but a good bargain. I am in my 50's so no go on the young thing, but I do like to play with seeds from time to time. Dunno if the Japanese black pine is rare or hard to get, but I thought I would throw it out there. My unscientific way to check the seed was to crack one with my teeth and the seed coats were not dried out. Packed for sale in 2001, so ten years past that. But if you wanted to train something your way, what better way than to start with a seedling? Maybe not. Personally, I don't do bonsai per se, but sometimes grow things in smaller pots and trim to suit my whims. Each to his or her own, I guess. http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff448/pearldiver6/IMGP5907.jpg

That certainely does look like a nice little kit.
check out this bonsai kit i was silly enough to purchase a few years back
41tuEaWnJUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hey everyone,

Sorry this is so, so, so very late... But there are my two bonsai that I promised to post pictures of back in January. I'm also sorry that we're stuck with crummy cell-phone camera pictures.

My juniper. It was gifted to me mostly bonsai'd, and it sat outside and was ignored for many many years until I decided to pay attention to it now. I shaped it properly, put it in the shallower pot, and added the moss.
3-1.jpg

And my heather. It was just growing in my garden and I uprooted it, potted it in the same shallow pot at the juniper, shaped it, and added the rocks and moss. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do with it in the grand scheme of things.
2-3.jpg

very nice..i need to get back to my florabondage days as well..my guys are kinda neglected

very nice..i need to get back to my florabondage days as well..my guys are kinda neglected

When you do, would you be willing to post some before and after pictures?

Back