What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoya Carnosa in bloom

• Thread starter maxima
  • Start date
First bloom ever, I'm so excited! I've heard great things about the fragrance, I can't wait.
3 stalks so far...

hoya01.jpg

hoya02.jpg

hoya03.jpg

hoya04.jpg

Looks great - congrats!! I grow some hoyas as well. My H. lacunosa "sno caps" has been in bloom non-stop since August of last year. It's very fragrant as well, most noticeably at night. My H. pachyclada and H. pubicalyx "red buttons" are putting out some peduncles now. Can't wait to see their blooms. I love these plants!

Hoya lacunosa "sno caps"

That's beautiful! I love your hanging plants on flickr and I have a huge papyrus plant as well. August of last year sounds amazing. I know some people who have never seen a Hoya bloom, in fact most people here don't know that they can bloom. I guess we are both blessed by good light :)
I have only one hoya plant. I've never paid much attention to it so this bloom is a total surprise.

Thanks! I actually regret getting that papyrus. It's gotten even taller since that photo and it's all over the place. I'll be putting it outside for the summer, which will help my living room feel less like a jungle!
I'm relatively new to hoyas (nearly a year now). I have 2 large ones (the ones at each end in that photo) and they show no signs of blooming. I got that at a large chain hardware store here, so I don't expect much from them. Beautiful foliage though!

hoyaa.jpg

What a strong and gorgeous scent! The honey is sweet as well, this is truly an experience...

Wow that looks amazing! How long have you had this plant?

I think I've had it for a little over a year now...I got it as a cutting.

Nice! About how long is it? I got a small Hoya macgillivrayi last season and it's turning into a monster.

It's a very young plant really, just a 1 year old cutting. It's facing southwest so gets plenty of light. It has stopped flowering after 3 by the way.

Good to know. I checked mine today to find that it's started to coil around the blinds in my window.

Back