What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonsai at BBG *pic heavy*

Heli

villosaholic
As some of you know, I am doing internship at the brooklyn botanical garden. Anyway, today we were given a tour of the botanical gardens private collection, it is supposedly one of the biggest in the world. Many of these plants are over 300 years old!

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

Last edited:
Luca,
Wow!! Thanks for sharing - there are some amazing trees in there!

By any chance, do you have any closer pics of the one on the tall table in the middle of this pic?
IMG_0183.jpg

Thanks Ron, for some reason the links got messed up so a lot of pics didnt show, there are still a lot more to put up. I will have to go through and see if I have one.

There... just fixed the pics and added more. Ron, I dont think I got a pic of that one sorry :(.

Kool! Going to visit the Canadian National Collection tomorrow, just the right thing to get me in the mood!

Awesome pics, and good luck with your hinternship.

Wow! I love their bonsai room, but it's so nice to see a behind-the-scenes look at their collection. Thanks for sharing!
Do they have many CPs hiding back there somewhere? Last time I was there I only saw some US temperates (sarrs, VFT, drosera) as well as D. adelae in their aquatic room. Not a nep in sight. :(

Yea I only got a tour of the bonsai collection but next week I might be getting a tour of David Horac's (curator of the wet house) private collection and I'm sure there will be some cps

Love it, Luca! Great to see so many bonsais in a barbed wire sanctuary.

NICE...amazing to think of how old some of those must be.

AWESOME photos and of coarse TREES! I love Bonsai, killed my share of them over the years that's for sure. LOVE those Maples! Thanks!

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing this rare opportunity.

Luca,
Do they have any public displays of these trees scheduled (or do they ever do any)?

Do you know Marc Hachadourian?

Ron, they have a public display on all year and cycle through the plants.

Oh and I may know Marc. Does he have a big beard and work at the children's garden?

Back