What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

yellow christmas cactus also thanks giving blooming

uphwiz

jimmy
this is so cool ,I've never seen this color on these plants:blush:.
IMG_0954.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg
.........................................:-D

Lovely! I have 5 Christmas cacti, but none are yellow and pink.

im going to propagate a dozen or so for next year i want more of this one .
NBLD do you have pics of your cacti. post them if you like here id like to see yours.

Yeah that is a sweet color variation, I also have never seen that color on that plant before.

Very nice coloration on that one. Haven't seen one quite like that before. :)

That's a Thanksgiving cactus, not Christmas. Sorry to break the news. Christmas have scalloped (rounded) edges.

I don't have anyone in bloom anymore, but I did successfully create seed pods on all but one plant. :) Now I just have to sit tight for a year or so for the seed.

wow a year for seed, do they germinate readily .
i got lots of potted up cuttings startes i think they all struck and ar rooting nicely. i can usuall get a bloom or two in the first year. and cover the plant with blooms by year two.

i've been trying to find a yellow one for a while now. let me know when you have some extras!

Wow. Those are beautiful! I don't think I've seen those either. I have one with dark pink flowers that is just getting done flowering. I really enjoy these plants...at least durring the two times a year when they flower ;), lol.

wow a year for seed, do they germinate readily .
i got lots of potted up cuttings startes i think they all struck and ar rooting nicely. i can usuall get a bloom or two in the first year. and cover the plant with blooms by year two.

This is my first attempt, so I'm not sure. I'll let you know when I harvest the seed.

I love that color, never seen it before!

ive had great success in propagating some babies from this beauty.

here are some of the babies.

beautiful picture never seen a yellow one before!

this is so cool ,I've never seen this color on these plants:blush:.
IMG_0954.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg
.........................................:-D

Theses flowers are simply beautiful!

Back