What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my newest pepper seeds

I just picked up some white habanero seeds. Does anybody have any experience growing these?

Not me, but im looking foward for the pictures !

I've never grown this variety before but I do grow the regular variety almost every year. I imagine that they are very similar.

I have experience growing many types of hot peppers usually just plant them after a 24hour soak in water 1/2 inch deep in peat moss

I've been growing peppers for the past few years and have always started them by putting them in a small container with a cotton pad (makeup applicator, can pick them up at the dollar store) and moisten the pad, you can cover it and plant them after they have small roots. I have never tried the variety but am currently growing some ghosts, 7 pot Rennies, Jamacian Scotch Bonnets, and a few other varieties from some of the pepper growers on the other forums.

Habanero? Be extremely careful when handling the fresh peppers. They're the hottest commercially grown pepper (the Trinidad Scorpion is the hottest in the world), so don't put too much in a dish at one time!
As for growing, I have no experience, but I'd assume you'd grow them the same as you would other members of the jalapeno family.

I'm sure a lot of peppers, especially the hot ones, do well in similar conditions. I grow a big pot of Trinidad Scorpions in my greenhouse under lights, and they've gotten huge, but they need new pots.

You grow the Trinidad Scorpion pepper? Oh, what audacity do the members of this forum have.

Last edited:
Yes, got seeds from another member on the forum. And just from trying a tiny piece of dried fruit that came along, I can confirm they're as hot as they say.

I have grown White Habanero peppers. I treated them just like the other Habanero's and they grew well. I don't remember the size of the plants, but I think they were not as productive as the regular orange ones. As with all Habanero's, they like hot weather. Wait until a week or so after the last frost before transplanting outdoors. Anything you can do to warm the soil and plants is to your benefit when you transplant. I am assuming you have already started your plants by now. Try to avoid having your plants flower in the pot as they will not take the transplant as well.

One year I grew a Habanero in a 5 gallon bucket with drainage holes and brought it indoors for the winter. I kept it alive overwinter and pruned it in May and placed it back outdoors. Habaneros one month early. I didn't try for a third year.

Back