What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houseplants

i added an osmocote tablet to the sand, and i sometimes water with some Hoagland solution i got from a greenhouse at my school (that I am using for experiment purposes in school.)
But yeah i think i should replant it soon. what type of media mix? how much sand, how much perlite, how much peat, how much organic soil?

Thanks for the symptom ID. it makes sense because nights were getting cold in early fall and it may have frozen for a bit.

i use a general potting mix for mine and then add in more pertlite for drainage. if you were to build your own i'd go 1:1:1 peat perlite sand.

should i include organic soil in that mix too? so 1:1:1:1 peat perlite sand organic?

it's not necessary if you use osmocote or other time released fert

ok cool, thank you for all the help! I'll probably replant in spring so as to not shock the roots before winter when they will not grow.

Back