What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It'll Be Tough Getting Rid of This One........

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
As some here know, other than in my bog I never plant any plants not native to my area (SE PA) in the ground, unless it's something I like to eat. The removal of non natives planted by previous owners has been an ongoing project. I think this one will be the last to go, unless I can find a native which reliably blooms in early January! This is Jasminum nudiflorum, The Naked Jasmine, so named because it blooms on leafless stems:

Attachments

• 1420643033170570717779.jpg
    1420643033170570717779.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Good luck. I am trying to kill that stuff in a flowerbed myself. Almost gotten it after 2 years, though. The only sprouts left are coming up directly in the middle of huge clumps of Liriope.

Not a shrub, but look at witchhazel =). Bloom time is different, but it's much more interesting!

Already have a witchhazel Kevin! It normally blooms about a month later for me, but still more than a month sooner than all the nasty Forsythias around here! Btw, I lost the first flush of those Dactylopsis to damping off, so I let the media dry completely and just started lightly misting it about a week ago. Two new ones so far, and if these ones die it will be from dessication!

Last edited:
Back