What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungi

• Thread starter fredg
  • Start date
Fred, the top left picture, do you have an ID on those?

They look like P. azurescens, superficially at least.

I was favouring Lactarius subdulcis, it says it's bitter. I'll try it the day after if I see someone else try it first :-O

XD good idea...

Just from the picture's angle, it could also be a Galerina sp.... so best have some taste-test for you. :lol:

This one first came up in a pot with a young Passiflora cutting. I've since seen it elsewhere inside, but not for a while.

I think it's Leucocoprinus birnbaumii. The Passiflora is Passiflora ornithoura. When I started it, I labeled the container with the abbreviated name: "P.orn"

popped up in a Utricularia pot:

I know that some Puffballs are edible. The giants are highly desirable with the local mushroom hunters. Lycoperdon pyrifome are also perfectly edible but there is also the dangerous (and more common) look a like, Scleroderma citrinum (Poison Pigskin Puffball) that can easily be mistaken for it's edible cousin.

I've eaten puff balls.. kinda weird and so meaty

Found these while splitting firewood. Fruiting in a crack, they weren't visible until the log was split:

Attachments

• IMG_20150131_095034.jpg
    IMG_20150131_095034.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 69
Discovered in the Fernery on my return from a week in Scotland.

22681326551_32104f1f3a_o.jpg

That's an old (dead) Eucalyptus trunk

Last edited:
Various interesting fungi found around the perimeter of a large bog in NH at the beginning of September.

ooooooh nice!

Love the brilliant red ones and the multibranched one (some sort of staghorn fungus?).

Back