What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone growing Kiwis?

thez_yo

instigator
I planted some yellow kiwi seeds last summer end of June, and they sprouted and had a few nice leaves. Fall/Winter came along and they lost their leaves. I've read that they're temperate so I assume that's normal. But it's almost 12 months since I planted them, highs in San Diego have hit the 90sºF a couple weeks ago, and daylight hours are pretty long already. I've still got little fuzzy 1" green twigs:
IMG_1535_zpspkmlaipb.jpg

Should I be worried? Should I be doing something different?

I've tried sowing yellow kiwi seeds several times without success so unfortunately I can't help. Adult plants are certainly in full growth right now.

Ok, thanks.

I did have a lot die off after they sprouted, so maybe they're just hard to get through that first half year? I've never tried to plant any other type of kiwi so I don't know how they compare. How I sprouted them was in damp paper towels inside a ziplock baggie.

Back