What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amorphophallus titanum bloom from a 20lb tuber

corpseflower01.jpg

I'm surprised it's blooming at a such a relatively small size.

And soon your yard will smell like rotting corpses. On the plus side I bet your Nepenthes will catch a lot of flies.

That's awesome! I love the dark spadix.

Relatively small? I don't care how big the tuber is, that thing is an enormous flower.

Bonjour

magnifique

have you others amorphophallus species ?

I see also , myrmecodia, hydnophytum , what species have you ?

jeff

corpseflower02.jpg

I wish I could have found some pollen for it, but looks like time is almost up.

Bonjour

magnifique

have you others amorphophallus species ?

I see also , myrmecodia, hydnophytum , what species have you ?

jeff

I have a few more young Amorphophallus titanum that I was lucky enough to get as seeds, Amorphophallus bulbifer, Amorphophallus paeoniifolius and Typhonium venosum which is the only other one I've had flower. Smelled just like elephants.

The ant plants in the picture are a Myrmecodia sp. from Irian Jaya and Hydnophytum formicarum from Singapore. I also grow Myrmecodia sp. "Pink fruit", Myrmecodia tuberosa and a few more species but can't remember the names right now.

Last edited:
corpseflower02.jpg

I wish I could have found some pollen for it, but looks like time is almost up.

I have a few more young Amorphophallus titanum that I was lucky enough to get as seeds, Amorphophallus bulbifer, Amorphophallus paeoniifolius and Typhonium venosum which is the only other one I've had flower. Smelled just like elephants.

The ant plants in the picture are a Myrmecodia sp. from Irian Jaya and Hydnophytum formicarum from Singapore. I also grow Myrmecodia sp. "Pink fruit", Myrmecodia tuberosa and a few more species but can't remember the names right now.

Oof get ready for that paeonifolius

033e92ff78b43255b7316d6d62996a7d.jpg

I sort of came upon a titanum today by accident haha

And yeah it's worse haha

I took one more pic before the rains hit.

corpseflower05.jpg

I sort of came upon a titanum today by accident haha

It's crazy how many are blooming this year. Really wish I could have found a source for pollen.

I took one more pic before the rains hit.

corpseflower05.jpg

It's crazy how many are blooming this year. Really wish I could have found a source for pollen.
I wish I'd known about this one sooner, they sent some pollen around and should have pollinated it
It's so weird that they all did this year

Last nights storm roughed the flower up some. The smell is similar to a rotting fish carcass.

corpseflower06.jpg

Back