What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 leaf clovers

I was just wondering if anyone has a pic of a 3 leaf clover as i am looking for one because i think i have a whole heap of them growing beside my house and if i do i am going to pot one up. Does anyone here know how to grow clover? I mean does it need any special requirements?lol it's a weed here but eh....

When I was I kid in south carolina there was always tons of three leaf clover and nobody ever took any care of it. I think it's like grass. Just keep it watered and give it sun and it should be happy. Just wondering, why do you want to pot it? I know it smells good but you can just go to the park and smell it.

Some sort of three leaf clover grows outside my house as a weed...it is more interesting than lawn grass, IMO.

PFT once sold the so-called true clover sp. labelled Trifolium repens. It looks a lot like the ones growing outside my house except the leaves are variegated. I have not seen the flowers so a better comparison isn't yet possible. The ones growing outside bloom constantly and yes, the flowers do smell nice.
smile.gif

Info on T. repens.

Using the above site you'll see that this plant is an invasive weed found in every U.S. state. The plant pictured is also variegated similarly to the PFT plants. Why are the ones growing outside here not variegated?...could be anything.

Chris

yea, that link shows what I have on my lawn...
its kinda like crabgrass, only its not as ugly kuz the flowers have a colour other than green.
hehe....

Back