What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lithops

I have a lithop that is slightly opening, I can see growth from the inside. But... from inside the inside growth is a brown peak. Is that going to be a flower? Does this even make sense?
confused.gif

hmm... I dunno what that is, might just be new growth, might be a flower, what color is your lithops?

The lithops are green, a pale green. But there definitely is something growing up from the center. I have been tempted to pick at it with a tweezer, but I know I shouldn't. Ekkkk... what is it?

It is probably a flower bud, they usually come from between the leaves. With some species, new growth could be a possibility, but not usually this time of year, and probably not if it is a different color. Probably best to wait and see what it is.

The season is right for a flower: if it is sticking above the plant body it's a bud.

odd, I have one that fits that description, and is wide open, getting ready to start flowering
smile.gif

Hi, can someone please tell me where I can get some of these lithops. They seem like interesting plants, and I being very curious now have to have some.

Thanks

Not sure, I purchased mine from street vendors in NYC. Sorry. Lithopsman seems to be the one to ask.

Alot of times you can get them at lowes garden center.

J.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Meagan @ Aug. 15 2002,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not sure, I purchased mine from street vendors in NYC.  Sorry.  Lithopsman seems to be the one to ask.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Ooh where in NYC??!!? I want to check them out too....

Thanks for all the replies on where I can find some lithops. I placed my order on Friday and can't wait to get them.

Back