What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!

I have been attempting to germinate my mimosa seeds and having no luck. I've had them in rain water at slightly warmer than room temp for days, and nothing is happening. This is my first time working with seeds and I am clueless. All help is appreciated. How do I do it?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Ok, this is how I did it. I dumped the seeds in a cup of really hot, but not boiling water. The seeds float in the beginning, but as it takes in water, they eventually sink and swell up. The next day I sowed them in a tray of pure sphagnum peat moss. I dug a hole about 1/4" deep, dropped a seed in there and covered the opening. Popped it into my warm oven, and in 2 days, they sprouted. 2 days seems super fast, maybe because of the heat. But give it 7 days or more and see what happens.

Ok, I'll try that with the seeds I've had sitting in the water for the last few days. Oven, maybe not. But for the next few days we're supposed to have really warm weather, so the temp. in my terrarium should maintain about 85 degrees.

I'll be patient for up to 7 days and see what happens. Thanks Larry!

Bottom heat is usually best for germinating seed. Try the top of the refrig, or on top of your grow lights if the fixture sits on top of your tank, or on top of the TV if its on alot at your house.

This is assuming they haven't sprouted yet,I got carried away to respond and forgot to look at the date you had written the thread.

Linda ö¿ö

Back