What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tree Peony \'Shima-Nishiki\'

Indiana Gardener

Got Drosera?
Hi,

I have two Shima-Nishiki tree peony plants. One is outside and the other in the greenhouse. The one in the greenhouse bloomed early. I took several pics (and made up a few frames I missed too) and made a really cool animated gif. The picture really doesn't do this rare flower justice.
 Thank you Suzanne for the great instructions for posting a pic since my html format I was used to wouldn't work.  
  Yep, that's my hand.
shima-nishiki.gif

Bye for now.

P.S. Edited to correct a typo:)

(Edited by Indiana Gardener at 3:32 pm on May 23, 2002)

Wow Indy! Awsome flower AND animated gif! :shocked: That is toooo cool. First animation I've ever seen on the forums. What program did you use to make the gif? I've always wanted a tree peony but haven't gotten one yet. One day....

I'm glad the photo format worked for you...I wasn't sure if I explained it correctly.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Hi,

Thanks. If you get Shima-Nishiki some time and it is it's propper color when bought, but returns in a different color the following year...think nothing of it. It can be either red, pink, white, or a wierd mix untill established. Being established in a pot it will likely be the propper color and exhibit the right pattern when bought. It will take a year or two for it to get back on it's feet.
   I used Adobe ImageReady 6.0. It's a good program and wouldn't be without it. I'll post another animation I've done in the cp forum. Look for it there after while
smile.gif

Have a great day, and enjoy the holiday long weekend.
Bye for now.

Back