What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mexican hat plant

Hay guys and girls can I get any poting tips on my mexican hat plants. I want to repot them... what should I expect as for soil type and how long of a root system they have....
There still pretty small about two inches in hight, and there in a small pot... What pot size should I put them in... Hay Spec. if you read this thankz for these nice plants. And any advice you might have on the plants too..

hi!
I'm glad they're doing well! you can put 10 in a 6 inch pot, but you'll have to re-pot in about 6 months. I use a mixture of peat/perlite/sand (not much sand though, maybe 1 half part). the root sysem can get pretty large, the 6 inch pot will let them grow for 6 months. when you re-pot again, put each one in a separate pot, a 4 inch will be good. once they're in the 4 inch, they won't near, or at least ueed to be re-potted for around a yntill you think they look cramped. They prefer plastic instead of clay or tera-cotta. in about 3-4 years they should be as large as mine, my largest one is almost 6 feet tall now!
wow.gif

Good job on growing them, and good luck!
-Spec73

Back