What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four leaf clovers

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
Hey all:)
I'm sure I probably already know the answer to this but just in case I gotta ask when the four leaf clover goes to seed is there a possiblity that the seeds will grow more 4 leaf clover plants or are they just like a vft that goes back to the original state before anybody messed with the genes?

Hey UC,

I think I am slightly qualified to answer this, but anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (though you should have posted the answer in the first place!
wink.gif
).

I am pretty sure that they would not come true from seed. You may want to try some other propagation method--say, division. Also, it is possible that the plants are trademarked as the intellectual property of whoever created the plants. Propagation is sometimes prohibited on trademarked plants, e.g. NewLeaf potatoes. Phil or Jeff would probably be able to answer this question. (hint-hint)
smile.gif

Chris

Ok then to the bunnies these flowers go
smile.gif
oh and yup splittin them works great I just ripped mine in two literally and it didn't even phase them. I was pretty much lookin for a reason to get rid of the flowers before I got over run with clovers in all my plants.

Back