What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungus?

as i was tending my plants one morning, i saw a bunch of little areas of white "fungus" on the soil of my pepper tree, im in the wrong topic but....also on my cactus,its interesting, it doesnt seem to harm the plants, if i try to take it of by removing the soil, it grows back soon, well i dont know what it is, help is appreciated, i would also post a pic, but i cant, also i dont know how, well any ways, thanks for your help,
Kevin
confused.gif

Not an expert but probably nothing to worry about as it is on soil and not the plant. Might try not watering as much and letting things dry out and fungus shouldn't be a problem
smile.gif

Cactus shouldn't be water much at all during winter months when they go dormant unless you have them under lights. Will get the root rot if kept on wet side too much
smile.gif

thanks for the info, i have laid off the watering, the ones on the cacti went away, but the ones on my pepper tree are still theere, ill find a way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
confused.gif
wink.gif
confused.gif
wink.gif

Might put a layer of sand (.5" or so) on top of the soil. Would pretty things up a bit and keep the surface of soil dry
smile.gif

Looks like your question has already been answered
smile.gif
, but...

Um, what was I going to say??
confused.gif

Oh, yeah!
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im in the wrong topic but[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Don't worry about it--you are completely in the right topic. B/c we lack a fungus forum here
smile.gif
, 'miscellaneous plants', I think, is as close as it gets. This is, of course, unless some weirdo has started an 'answer all fungus questions' topic I don't know about. Call me paranoid.
smile.gif

Back