What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R.I.P. little lithop :-(

R.I.P.

Grey Lithop

?/?/?? - 5/12/02

After losing all the soil in its pot (knocked off ledge by accident), the lithop went into shock even after replanting and a sad attempt to save the plant. As they say... the rest is history.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Sorry to hear that.
sad.gif
It always sucks when a cool plant kicks the bucket. My only lithops died a horrible death when I sprayed it with orthene; it dried up over the course of a few weeks. But what can you do? Crap happens I guess. When something like that happens to me I just go and buy another cool plant. This always works for me.
smile.gif

Joel

(Edited by mindmaze128 at 8:44 pm on May 14, 2002)

I just had a lithop in a garden turn to mush. All the others seem to be ok but that one just turned to mush... weird. They are such awesome plants...

Lithops_garden.jpg

I know, let's start a Lithops obituaries! ;-) j/k

Seriously, sorry about the deaths, Dyflam, nrbelex. I got a scare today when the top on one of mine split down the middle...turns out it was just "shedding it's skin" for the season. Phew!

And Dyflam, that is the most beautiful Lithops pic I've ever seen. Not that I'm tired, not that I haven't seen all that many Lithops pics, but the plants in that picture are truly wonderful and may they and you live long and prosper.

Chris

Thanks DE... muchly appreciated. :biggrin:

Is it shedding its skin, or producing more lithops? I have several (that the skin has shed), but I thought they are supposed to grow bigger and bigger by piggybacking one another. I've seen pictures where they are massive, and it is all from 1 plant. Have yours flowered yet?

I like the grey on on the left (middle) and the red one top right. what species are they?

(Edited by gardenofeden at 3:31 pm on May 19, 2002)

When I got them they were all ID'd and I had great plans to put them all in a garden and make a map. Well, I completed half the job... now I don't know which is what.

:confused:

Making a map...reminds me of those identification maps that come with chocolate boxes. :biggrin:

Mine have not flowered yet.

GOE, then there's that nice lime green one in the middle northwest.

And Dyflam, I like your grits. hehe...

Chris

Back