What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passiflora flower

Oooh, I'm so excited.  Last night I noticed my first Passiflora flower bud opened and revealing the most amazing flower I've ever seen! Here's some pics.  Now I must have other color varieties!  
biggrin.gif

passiflora1.jpg

passiflora2.jpg

passiflora3.jpg

Awsome photos Larry! And aren't those flowers just spectacular?!! Now you see why I love them so much. I was entranced from the very first one I saw as a kid.

You can see too its aptly named...cerulea!

I will see what I can do to hook you up with some more.
smile.gif

Suzanne

One of my collegues grows some of the odd colors commercially. There is a small, pure yellow one which most people don't know of, but grows where the common type grow. There are several shades of red also.

Do you know what the name of your passion flower is?

Khai

I believe it is p. caerulea. Larry will have to confirm that. But I believe it is from a plant of mine originally. I hope to have some more passiflora cuttings soon.

Suzanne

What Suzanne said
smile.gif
The plant originally came from her.
Second flower is starting to open. Should be fully open in a few hours
biggrin.gif

The symbolism of the name was explained to me once, but I forget most of it. The "passion" isn't romantic, but eclesiastical.

Here's that yellow one.

citrina.jpg

The coral and pink should be growing by you, Larry all over the place. If you can't find any I can try to send a few cuttings to you, as they are extensively used along fences here.

Back