What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

planting the seeds

Just don't burn up the whole plant.lol

that is very cool... my seedlings are growing VERY slowly... after three weeks their first real leaves are growing....

Ram Puppy,

I've noticed the same thing. They're not cp's so I'm going to fertilize mine. I'm not sure if they are going to make it but I'll let you know how they do. My big one (8") is starting to slow down since I got it, I may try it on that one as well.

Noah

some of you mentioned a site that discusses how to grow the mimosas...

can some one ost the link here so i can check it out?

Hey Chris

I Have the link in the other Topic. :smile:

thanks!

i have a few of these at home that i found at a local nursery. i didnt even realize that they were touch sensitive at first, i just thought they looked kinda cool.

of course, the flytrap geek in me freaked out when i saw it close after i touched it...

im keeping these in my terrarium with my CP's...is that the right idea?

I'm sure they'll be fine. I'm growing mine in an 80F+ terrarium and in windowsills around the house. I have more than I need(even after giving portions away!), and fatboy to thank. The ones in the terrarium seem happier, probably due to the higher light, temp., and humidity.
Chris

Wow! your guys' are growing REALLY slow! Mine are going FAST I have plants 3 weeks old with 5 sets of leaves. Most of them are looking like that. I don't have any secret either, the more light and water the better. They are a weed by nature and will take advantage of all you give them.

Wow, you guys are having a lot more luck than I am. Any chance I could get one from anyone? :/

interested in seeds? I still have a few left--message me if you want any

So, all I do is put the seed in warm water and plant it in any type? All I need now is a care sheet.

EDIT: As a test, I corrected the spelling in Tuyen's post -- the post's original text was not modified otherwise.

Back