What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sensitive plant repotting

I have a cople of Mimosa Pudicas I have been growing in three inch pots for about three months since germination.

The leaves on one started yellowing; and since I knew the lighting condition and water were o.k., I felt that maybe they were root bind.

Boy was I right!

I know the roots don't like to be disturbed; so I shook the whole ball out of pot and set whole thing in a 6 inch pot.

Roots were going round and round and protruding outta the bottom of pot. I would have never believed the root system grew that fast in these plants.

I will definately repot after say, the first month?

I just got some seeds for Desmodium Gyrans or 'Telegraph Plant' and can't wait to start them.

your tellin me , i did'nt know about the repotting thing and my plants all died . buti'm gonna try to cultivate these plants again this spring , i know I won't make that mistake again
wink.gif

Back