What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bald cypress

Does anyone know how to grow these trees? And how do you germinate the seeds? thanks in advance
smile.gif
!

They are easy trees to grow. i dnunno about germinating, thogh.

If you plant it in a area thats not waterlogged, dont expect those buttress- like 'knees' to grow. They only develope too get the plant extra oxygen in oxygen-depraived water. They grow in lotsa soil conditions, provided its not overly dry.

They are one of the few disidus-

desicuous

deesee- desiduo-

the conifer losses its neetles in the winter (hence 'bald'). A very primitive tree, good for landscaping.

I don't see any reason they could not be grown from seed...nature does it. I have raised two bald cypress from seedlings and if you keep them heavily watered and fertilize them well, they are pretty fast growers and are very beautiful trees...except of course, when they are bald.
Hang orchids and most lowland Nephs in it and they will love it. Shade in the summer and sun in the winter.

Some species rarely priduce seed, and one, the pondberry, cannot reproduce by seed, as none are ever viable.

Back