What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Butterfly bush seeds

Hi, does anyone here know how to harvest seeds from a purple butterfly bush? I need to know when the seeds will be ready and I need to know how to tell when they are ready.

Thanks in advance.

I dont have any experience with this particular plant, but it is considerd invasive. The seeds should be plentifull. Look for seedlings in unmowed parts of your yard, as there are likely to be some.

I would like to discourage you from propegating this plant, because it invades and takes over native habitats.

I only wanted a few seeds because my mom wanted some more Butterfly Bushes to plant around our pool.

Just use cuttings...faster.

We have 1 that simply volunteered in our yard. We had also bought one....but it died.

Goes to prove"The best things in life are free."

lol Well I haven't had much luck with cuttings. I'm trying to get a rose bush cutting to root right now. Not sure if it's gonna work. I'm using rooting hormones too.

Back