User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 57 to 64 of 69

Thread: Discussion and Requests Here -- Bids ONLY in the Auction Threads, Please!

  1. #57
    wicked good plants! Presto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone,

    Thank you for once again making the NASC benefit auction an incredible, successful, exciting event! And HUGE thanks to adnedarn for hosting us!!

    We apologize for the site lagging and crashing near auction's close. This has happened in the past and, unfortunately, that risk is always there when you wait until the last minute to place a bid. As we did not extend the auction when it happened previously, we are not going to extend it this time either. It wouldn't be fair to those folks who placed bids early to make sure they got them in.

    Per the auction rules, the timestamp will be the final deciding factor in which bids count and which do not. So, sorry, if your post was timestamped at 10:01 EDT or later, it will not count.

    Thank you once again!
    -Emily

  2. #58
    Av8tor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, I'd like the thank NASC for providing the tax documentation this year.
    It was a wee bit hard finding the official mailing addy though, my tax software requires it before it will allow the exemption

    I think I finally found it by googling the charity registration number

    but ty ty ty

  3. #59
    Kitkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mount Vernon, OH, USA
    Posts
    526
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    BTW, I'd like the thank NASC for providing the tax documentation this year.
    It was a wee bit hard finding the official mailing addy though, my tax software requires it before it will allow the exemption

    I think I finally found it by googling the charity registration number

    but ty ty ty
    I've made a note to include our address this year. As always, we try to make it easier for our donors to use that exemption. I haven't had the opportunity to itemize my own deductions so the advice I received on what info was required must have been lacking. Or I could have just been absent-minded when I wrote the e-mails! Regardless, it will definitely be present on next year's form.

    I was curious if your software accepted the PO Box or if it required a physical address. The PO Box is easier for us but I imagine not all software packages might accept PO Boxes as a valid address?

    Cheers,
    Ryan

  4. #60
    Av8tor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan,
    PO Box was enough for "Turbo Tax"

    Butch

  5. #61

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so how much was raised? thats what i wanna know

  6. #62
    Kitkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mount Vernon, OH, USA
    Posts
    526
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1
    Ryan,
    PO Box was enough for "Turbo Tax"

    Butch
    Thanks for the info! Every bit from the user-end helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by mylesG View Post
    so how much was raised? thats what i wanna know
    We're still waiting for a few last payments to roll in, but if all are honored the grand total for items + extra donations = $4269.00! Well done, folks
    I'll be digging through the data shortly to write up a decent analysis like I did for the 2012 auction that can be found in our newsletter.

    A big thanks to all the donors, who took the time and effort to raise these plants just to part with them for the sake of charity. Thanks also to the bidders who are always willing to bid high for items they desire the most.

    Cheers,
    Ryan

  7. #63
    RL7836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkor View Post
    We're still waiting for a few last payments to roll in, but if all are honored the grand total for items + extra donations = $4269.00!
    Two bidders (who won 5 of my auctions) were unresponsive for over a week - but both have recently PM'd me to let me know they will be paying very soon...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkor View Post
    Thanks also to the bidders who are always willing to bid high for items they desire the most.
    In a discussion about the auction on another forum, one person mentioned that they had deliberately placed a 'higher-than-market-value' bid since it was charity & for a good cause. Was nice to see that it's not always just about getting a good deal on something.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

    *** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

  8. #64
    Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,607
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    In a discussion about the auction on another forum, one person mentioned that they had deliberately placed a 'higher-than-market-value' bid since it was charity & for a good cause. Was nice to see that it's not always just about getting a good deal on something.
    In a past auction one bidder made many bids that were way above "market value" with the same justification. I think his top bid on one item still stands as a record in the auctions. (you know who you are )
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •