What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion and Requests Here -- Bids ONLY in the Auction Threads, Please!

Good luck to everyone!

It should be an interesting final day as people maneuver to get the stuff they want. Based on prior auctions, I wouldn't wait until the last few minutes..... :nono:

Right, and there is an anti-spam/flood delay between posts (30 seconds?) so sniping at the last second isn't going to work on several items.

And don't forget to look at the last few pages, if you use the default thread sort items that haven't been bid on in a while end up here. Easy to overlook stuff that doesn't have much recent action.

And there are several items yet with zero bids:

Signed CP Poster
Stewart McPherson Autographed Poster
*CANADIANS ONLY* One Large Plant of Drosera adelae
*CANADIANS ONLY* One Plant of Drosera schizandra

Last edited:
The air is getting heavy as people start to make their moves .....

Tick, tock .... tick, tock ....

Remember to breathe .... :-O

++++++++ edit after auction close

The forum started to really slow down around 09:50PM for me and by 09:55PM - this appeared:

Last edited:
So hard to load the page!! :censor:

Last edited:
What was wrong with the database error?!?! It took 5 minutes for all my bids to post.. Is there any way to tell when I made my posts, regardless of the forum crash? I don't think it's right if my bids don't count.
I didn't wait until the last second, but the last 5 minutes should be good enough. Regardless of the forum crash at a crucial time..

Last edited by a moderator:
Still going or done now? I'm still getting errors

I got errors at arround 9:55 and still getting them consistantly

whoa.. and now multiple posts? Forum is jacked..

"Based on prior auctions, I wouldn't wait until the last few minutes..... "

I sent mine In with about two minutes to go... then everything started getting hazy and then went black as the forum went down! I see now it says I got it in right at 9. Hope that counts. Does in my book. Hehe. Funny that we broke the forum. :O

I missed out on the quelchii because of the database error :( Oh well, there's always next year! Congrats to all the winners.

@ mass I think the winner is chosen by timestamp because if that problem with the server had not happened you could have been outbid and before they look for timestamps before 10:00pm and unless you want Andrew to hack onto your computer I think it would be hard to tell when you sent your post because the server is down and you need a server to process that information
just my 2 cents

Thanks again tf for hosting the annual NASC auction! Can't wait to offload these babies :D ... and make more for next year!!

I donated quite a few things, but my bids didn't post in time because of the forum crash. Not cool..
I say we run the auction for an extra week.

so what about my bid that didn't post until 10:00pm. Will that count?
The 10:01 bid and 10:02 bid I'd understand not counting.

so what about my bid that didn't post until 10:00pm. Will that count?
The 10:01 bid and 10:02 bid I'd understand not counting.

Ozzy said in chat anything before 10:01 counts :)

Hi everyone,

Thank you for once again making the NASC benefit auction an incredible, successful, exciting event! And HUGE thanks to adnedarn for hosting us!!

We apologize for the site lagging and crashing near auction's close. This has happened in the past and, unfortunately, that risk is always there when you wait until the last minute to place a bid. As we did not extend the auction when it happened previously, we are not going to extend it this time either. It wouldn't be fair to those folks who placed bids early to make sure they got them in.

Per the auction rules, the timestamp will be the final deciding factor in which bids count and which do not. So, sorry, if your post was timestamped at 10:01 EDT or later, it will not count.

Thank you once again!

BTW, I'd like the thank NASC for providing the tax documentation this year.
It was a wee bit hard finding the official mailing addy though, my tax software requires it before it will allow the exemption

I think I finally found it by googling the charity registration number

but ty ty ty :)

BTW, I'd like the thank NASC for providing the tax documentation this year.
It was a wee bit hard finding the official mailing addy though, my tax software requires it before it will allow the exemption

I think I finally found it by googling the charity registration number

but ty ty ty :)

I've made a note to include our address this year. As always, we try to make it easier for our donors to use that exemption. I haven't had the opportunity to itemize my own deductions so the advice I received on what info was required must have been lacking. Or I could have just been absent-minded when I wrote the e-mails! Regardless, it will definitely be present on next year's form.

I was curious if your software accepted the PO Box or if it required a physical address. The PO Box is easier for us but I imagine not all software packages might accept PO Boxes as a valid address?

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan,
PO Box was enough for "Turbo Tax"

Butch

Back