What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion and Requests Here -- Bids ONLY in the Auction Threads, Please!

so how much was raised? :D thats what i wanna know

Av8tor1 said:
Ryan,
PO Box was enough for "Turbo Tax"

Butch
Thanks for the info! :) Every bit from the user-end helps.

so how much was raised? :D thats what i wanna know

We're still waiting for a few last payments to roll in, but if all are honored the grand total for items + extra donations = $4269.00! Well done, folks :clap:
I'll be digging through the data shortly to write up a decent analysis like I did for the 2012 auction that can be found in our newsletter.

A big thanks to all the donors, who took the time and effort to raise these plants just to part with them for the sake of charity. Thanks also to the bidders who are always willing to bid high for items they desire the most.

Cheers,
Ryan

We're still waiting for a few last payments to roll in, but if all are honored the grand total for items + extra donations = $4269.00!
Two bidders (who won 5 of my auctions) were unresponsive for over a week - but both have recently PM'd me to let me know they will be paying very soon...

Thanks also to the bidders who are always willing to bid high for items they desire the most.
In a discussion about the auction on another forum, one person mentioned that they had deliberately placed a 'higher-than-market-value' bid since it was charity & for a good cause. Was nice to see that it's not always just about getting a good deal on something. :clap:

In a discussion about the auction on another forum, one person mentioned that they had deliberately placed a 'higher-than-market-value' bid since it was charity & for a good cause. Was nice to see that it's not always just about getting a good deal on something. :clap:

In a past auction one bidder made many bids that were way above "market value" with the same justification. I think his top bid on one item still stands as a record in the auctions. :hail: (you know who you are :-D)

NASC Tax Info

I've made a note to include our address this year. As always, we try to make it easier for our donors to use that exemption. I haven't had the opportunity to itemize my own deductions so the advice I received on what info was required must have been lacking. Or I could have just been absent-minded when I wrote the e-mails! Regardless, it will definitely be present on next year's form.

I was curious if your software accepted the PO Box or if it required a physical address. The PO Box is easier for us but I imagine not all software packages might accept PO Boxes as a valid address?

Cheers,
Ryan

Just touching base to see if they are in the game plan this year....
It was greatly appreciated last year :hail:

This was discussed in the Dec 26, 2013 meeting. The letters are in the works.

statement received and thank you :)

Back