What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion and Requests Here -- Bids ONLY in the Auction Threads, Please!

I think Pineapple meant there is a burb x Eddie plant and a separate seeds thing.

Last edited:
Items needing some love (1 or less bids):
Drosera binata var multifida f. extrema
Basil
A Child's Wish
S.flava (Boiling Spring Lakes)
Cryptoheros nanoluteus
Sarracenia flava in 6 inch pot
D.intermedia "Boiling Spring Lakes"
D.capillaris "Boiling Spring Lakes"
Pinguicula reticulata
Acineta chrysantha Seedlings
Handful of Xyris sp Yelloweyed grass Sarracenia bog companion
White Terraforums.com Logo Button Pin #2 Ships anywhere!
125 @ 2 1/4" X 3 1/4" Black Pots
Handful of Eriocaulon sp Bog buttons Sarracenia bog companion
VFT "Boiling Spring Lakes"
Pachycentria glauca ssp. maingayi (mounted)
Mounted Bulbophyllum stenobulbon (mini orchid)
White Terraforums.com Logo Button Pin Ships anywhere!

2 bids
Black Terraforums.com Logo Button Pin Ships anywhere!
Black Terraforums Logo Button Pin #2 Ships anywhere!
Pleurothallis pachyglossa (mini orchid)
Nepenthes Spathulata x Ventricosa seeds
Tie Dye T-Shirt Time!! (circles)
Sarracenia leucophylla Hurricane Creek, Al
Pinguicula agnata 'True Blue'
aquarium plants for the planted tank!
Suesswassertang
3 inch pot of Sarracenia purpurea pupurea x pupurea venosa
Aquatic Plants
Sphyrospermum cf. buxifolium (mounted epiphytic blueberry)

Only a few more hours left to enter items and bids as the 2014 NASC Auction enters the home stretch!

I can see why the servers were having trouble last year! So many posts! So fast!

Yep, couldn't keep up with the transactions and connections. Basically the same as a DOS (Denial Of Service) attack :-D

Yep, couldn't keep up with the transactions and connections. Basically the same as a DOS (Denial Of Service) attack :-D

Must be a conspiracy by the bidders to prevent sniping!

Just go back and read the last page or three of the prior NASC Discussion threads, always a few that regretted trying to snipe.

Note the word "Trying" :-))

If you want it bid early.

I don't recall major problems happening two years in a row. It could be that people remember the glitches from the previous auction and don't wait until the last moment. Then the next year they forget about the previous glitches or are relative newcomers that never experienced the problems and try to snipe at the end.

Funny that the end of the auction is so close to the Heartbleed bug--Teh inter webs are a scarry place

Last edited:
Just go back and read the last page or three of the prior NASC Discussion threads, always a few that regretted trying to snipe.

Note the word "Trying" :-))

If you want it bid early.

I'll go read that right now, thanks.

Will there be per-thread payment confirmation this year? I'm trying to figure out if everything is clear for shipping tomorrow.

Will there be per-thread payment confirmation this year? I'm trying to figure out if everything is clear for shipping tomorrow.

Yes, Kitkor just updated the paid threads.

Yes! As Tanukimo just noted, all the items that we've received payment for have now been updated. New payments are coming in all the time, so I'll update as I receive them. We have received payment for all three of your donations, JRFxtreme. Cheers!

I have a few question:

1) I won two auctions as an unregistered member and a new member without posting/private-messaging capabilities. How would I get in contact with the seller to send my shipping information? I already sent my payment and its been confirmed. Will they just send me an email/private message?

Thanks! Auction was awesome and looking forward to it again next year.

I have a few question:

1) I won two auctions as an unregistered member and a new member without posting/private-messaging capabilities. How would I get in contact with the seller to send my shipping information? I already sent my payment and its been confirmed. Will they just send me an email/private message?

Thanks! Auction was awesome and looking forward to it again next year.

Hi! Thanks for participating in the auction this year. I assume that you are the TF user costanza? I didn't know the PM system wouldn't work for new users. I saw the guest post where you left your e-mail address, so the donor of that item would be able to contact you. I sent a message to both Dave S. and Dexenthes on your behalf letting them know the situation. I asked both to send you a message at your gmail address so you can communicate with them regarding the shipping arrangements. Hopefully they will be in touch shortly. Let us know if we need to help you with anything further!

Ok, folks. All threads that we've received payments for have been updated! I've also sent PM's to each donor linking to the auction threads that can be shipped. I'll continue to update them as I receive new payments.

Thanks for a great auction this year :)

Just a tip. For those who have donated subscribe to the threads you started for each item. That way you can get notification anytime a message is posted to the thread. And you can use the quick links at the top of the webpage to quickly access your subscribed threads.

The Post Office is a mad house due to tax filing day (April 15). I hope those who are paid up won't mind a delay until Weds or Thurs.

Can I auction off driftwood that I've sterilized through water boiling over four times?

Can I auction off driftwood that I've sterilized through water boiling over four times?

Do you mean for next year's auction? There is nothing wrong with that.

Back