What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regional head growers

• Thread starter Copper
  • Start date
Anything to make the paperwork easier. Go for it Seedjar. But the heads will always have to remember to have hard copies on hand.

So... how would you all like to proceed? Before I begin I need to pin down what you guys want of the database. What kind of information is presently maintained about NASC growers? How are strains and individual plants tracked? What kind of information makes up one of these reports? Also, what would a hard copy consist of - are these signed papers or something? It will always be possible to make backups of the electronic records.
~Joe

Seedjar, you contact Dean Cook, and ask him what he would like. Tell him what you have, what you propose to do, and Dean WILL be interested. www.flytraps.com will get you to him.

Thanks Bugs, will do.
~Joe

I know you are all just getting the regional growers
system started and it sounds great but there should be some redundancy for people to care for others growers plants in the event of personal crisis, illness etc (foster growers).

Kirk Martin
Fitchburg, Mass.

There will still be regional growers.  They are the auditors for their region.  this is sounding more difficult than it will be.  Each grower will keep their own record and send a compressed record to the Regional Head.  I can even make up a form or program to make it easy.  they will tell the head grower how many plants they have.  They will mention growing problems if they arise.

This is a corporation and is being run like one.  You have the heads, then the sub heads, and then supervisors under them til you get to the suporvisory level where most ofthe work is actually done.

This is not just for the growers.  It will be for the collectors as well.  Ozzy cannot go every and do all the work of collecting.  There will be Region Heads of Conservancy that answer to Ozzy and workers under them that will answer to their regional head.  This is unity of command and makes things work easier. After Unity of Command you must have Span of control.  Each command can have only so many under them before chaos ensues.  After Span of control you have delegation of authority.  It is how corporations work.  Oddly enough police departments have adopted the methods of the corporation and work like a business now.  Do not fear.  I understand this stuff.  Watch out sargeants test, here I come.

Ahh...

The old Incident Command System at work for Conservation.
My class at the Fire Academy is paying off.
Now believe it's been retagged as NIMS.
National Incident Management System.

Good luck on the Sgts. exam Copper.

Kirk
Fitchburg, Mass.

I am willing to be a regional head grower for Michigan (serious post).

I've never grown heads before (not so serious post)!
smile_n_32.gif

Glenn

Back