What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nasc regions

1) New England Region -Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island
2) North Atlantic Region -New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey
3) Middle Atlantic Region - Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware,Virginia
4) South Atlantic Region - North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida
5) East North Central Region - Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan
6) East South Central Region - Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama
7) West North Central Region - North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wyoming
8) Central Region - Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri
9) South Central Region - Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana
10) North West Region - Montana, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Alaska
11) Mountain Region - Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico
12) West Region - California, Nevada, Hawaii
13) West South Central Region - Texas

Region 1 Head Grower -   Tony Paroubek
Region 2 Head Grower -    nepenthes gracilis 
Region 3 Head Grower -   JBL
Region 4 Head Grower -   Buster1
Region 5 Head Grower -   Glenn
Region 6 Head Grower -   Herenorthere
Region 7 Head Grower -  rattler_mt
Region 8 Head Grower -   Copper (I will step aside on this if there are any other volunteers)
Region 9 Head Grower -   Zak
Region 10 Head Grower -  Brisco225
Region 11 Head Grower -  Jeremiah
Region 12 Head Grower -  Bugweed and BobZ
Region 13 Head Grower -  Houstonherp

As you can see more Regional Head Growers are need.  The Regional head grower keeps records and track of the growers and plants in their region.  Once the regions has ten growers under the Regional head the Region will be broken into areas.  We will then add Area Head Growers that are under the Regioal Head Grower.  The Regional Head then keeps track of the plants through the Area Head Growers.  The Area Head growers will keep track of the growers and plants in the area.  Records must be kept and passed on to Capslock who will send copies of them to PAK and I.  To be a regional Head grower you must be 18 or over and have at least two years experience growing sarracenia.  If we get more then one offer for an area the board will decide who the head grower will be.  All Regional Head Growers answer to Dean Cook who is the Head Grower and holds a seat on the executive board.

Sure, I don't mind being head grower in the Northwest Region.

Glenn would you consider taking Region 5?

I'm in region 4,along with Pyro,Brooks Garcia,Just like a pill and a few others from Ga..So do I need to report to Buster1 with my list of plants?

Jerry

No. Head grower is just for the plants that are distributed by the NASC.

If you have plants that you believe would be beneficial for the NASC then advise Neprick.

Thanks for the info.So just the head growers get plants from the NACS?

Jerry

No. Regional Heads keep track of who has plants and how those plants are doing because the growers will submit reports to him. When there are too many growers under the regional grower we will divide the region into area. Then there will be area head growers that will have growers under them. They growers will submit to the area heads, thearea heads will submit to the regional head, the regioal heads will submit the the HEAD GROWER, Dean Cook.

When the growers have so many plants that they need to give them away they inform distribution and distribution will find them a home. The new grower will fall under the control of the head regional or area grower wherever he is.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.
smile.gif

Jerry

Hi Copper,

I'd be glad to be a grower working for Tony Paroubek
Or possibly even an alternate/pinch hitter for Tony.

Kirk Martin
Fitchburg Mass.

Glenn has agreed to take region five. I still have to regions open. Powershot has decided to drop membership so I have asked eglecko to take that position. I am waiting a response, so there may be three regions still needing a head grower.

lol well im only bout 75 miles outside my region so i guess it will work. thought we had more growers in Minnisota.
smile_n_32.gif

I'm only about 750 miles outside my region.  But it includes three of my favorite states (MS, TN & KY) and, even though I like to criticize it, I'll confess I like AL too.  I was a carpetbagger before and I'm doing at again, but from a safer distance.

Could we have this pinned please
biggrin.gif

Back