What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer Crash

• Thread starter Copper
  • Start date
My son downloaded some programs and caused a crash. Did you guys go ahead with the meeting or shall we try again?

Man, is it good to hear from you! We were all very concerned as to why you weren't at the meeting.

I'll let a bona fide board member bring you up to speed - if they haven't done so already - but suffice it to say yes, the meeting went on as scheduled, and PAK did a remarkable job of filling in for you.

Yes, the meeting took place. We figured something like that happened to you, and are glad that it wasn't something serious.

PAK filled in admirably, and we accomplished two major goals: voting and approving the bylaws, and the regional growers. I'll post the minutes when I get a bit of time.

Capslock

Ummm...thanks guys... but they are being overly generous with the praise.  
confused.gif
I muddled through as best I could. We tabled some issues but did two votes.  We figured we could always amend things later if needed. Needless to say...we missed you!

I am very glad to know you are OK.  We were worried.  Neither rain nor sleet nor snow can keep CarniCopper from her meeting...but I guess a computer crash can.  lol

We're anxiously awaiting the minutes and it's hard to focus on the onrushing holidays while wondering who voted on what.  I finally became an AIM person after the meeting and will hopefully take part in the next meeting.

I didn't show up as I wasn't comfortable in setting up AIM at work. Maybe next time...

Emesis et all,

If you aren't comfortable with downloading the program onto a computer, your can use the browser based Aim Express (www.aim.com) without any downloads.

Sorry I missed the meeting! It completely slipped my mind.
smile_h_32.gif
I will have my computer alert me for future meetings.

-noah

noah,

Thanks for the tip. My linux based Firefox and Mozilla browsers are not recognized by AIM Express. I'm sure most NASC members won't have the OS issue with it.

Emesis, There is a extension called 'User Agent Switcher' that allows you to identify as IE or Netscape. I have still had problems with a few sites but most work. Ofcourse I am still on windows box.

Gawd_oOo,

Thanks! That worked!

Back