What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annual Meeting

Our annual membership meeting is coming up. I need to make an agenda.  There may be things that you, the membership, would like to discuss and vote on.  I need to know what those discussion might be. You can either send your questions or ideas to PAK, me or post them here.  The agenda will be out with less then ten days warning, but it has been a busy season for all.  

Thanks

We have been using a chat room for the NASC meetings via AOL/AIM since the other room tended to crash.  If you wish to attend the meeting please let me know so I can add your name to the "Buddy invitation" I have to send out to get you into the chat room.

If you don't have AOL or don't already have AIM downloaded, you can get the FREE download through AOL's website (aol.com).  I believe someone said there is another program you can use if for some reason you don't want to download the AIM program onto your computer.  Uhh...I can't remember who that was so... if that person could post where to get that other program, that would be great.  
smile.gif
  This is all very easy and once you have it, you can get into the chat room easily.

Anyone wishing to add your name to the list of attendees, either post it here, PM me your AIM name or email me with it at PlantAKiss@aol.com *PRIOR to the meeting* please!  And be patient because it takes me a while to send the buddy invites out as people log on.  Logging on a little before the meeting time will help so I can get the invites out (I'm on dial up so I'm a little slow).

This will be our first meeting for the year, so lets make it a BIG one.  
smile.gif
 Please let us know what you'd like the agenda to be...any ideas or concerns.  We have a lot of work ahead of us this year and we need to be about it!

Alrighty...agenda suggestions??

I'd like to maybe talk about the web site. Perhaps people should take a look at the web site under construction and make some suggestions about what we need to add. Bugweed has suggested a photo gallery and I'd like to have a Recognition page for anyone who allows us to rescue plants from their property. Maybe we could have a page with links to stories on past rescues or people who have contributed to protecting plants like Mrs. Wilkerson? Maybe even a little blurb about the ESCAPE group who is growing plants for us?

And also I'd like to know where we are on getting a bank account opened.

Thank you very much! And thanks to those of you who have PMed me your AIM names.
smile.gif

Just so everyone is clear...the Annual Meeting is:

**Thursday, January 12th at 8 p.m. CENTRAL time.**

Don't forget to email/PM your AIM name to me PRIOR to the meeting so I can send a Buddy invite.
smile.gif

Sure you'll remember my name?

Ummm...what was it? DaddyBigPitchers? lol

Yup, you are on my NASC Buddy List.
smile.gif

Well since there has been no response to the agenda question, we shall discuss the policies (growing collecting, distributing...)

The web site

and status of the corp.

So, today is the meeting, right? And 8:00 pm central is equal to 9:00 pm EST?

-Ben

Ben, that is correct.

Is anyone in the AIM channel? I haven't received an invite and it's after 8.

Capslock

Yeah, I'm there. Hold on...

smile_l_32.gif
My 2 cents worth this forum needs a chat room..
smile_h_32.gif

Well we did have a chat room but it kept kicking us out. So far the AOL chat room has worked well other than the hassle of having to invite people in. But there haven't been too many problems with it...it hasn't crashed on us or anything.
smile.gif
You should try that program that lets you use many different Instant Message programs.

Will anyone be able to post the meeting min.?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Will anyone be able to post the meeting min.?

I too would like to see the minutes, or even an unedited log as I wasn't able to make it. Hope the meeting went well!
smile.gif

We discussed the website, things wanting to be added, and the collection policy. Hopefully the minutes will be up shortly. At the next meeting I would like to see a rough draft of the collection, growing and distributing policies.

Pak has been doing a wonderful job creating forms for us. She has been working on Membership, collecting, and liability forms. She has also created a wonderful membership card.

Minues of 1/12/06 NASC meeting:

In attendance:
CarniCopper
Capslock
EmesisPFT
Talcottbasalt
Houstonherp
PtchrLeaves (Bugweed)
PlantAKiss
NepenthesRick
Stnvangel
Bamaud
MI CP Dude
VodooDancer
Schloaty (late)
Time: Meeting started at about 8:30pm

Topics:

Rose opened the floor for website suggestions and discussion:
-The decision was made to add a photo gallery, with separate pictures of wild and collection plants. “Plants in Cultivation” and “Plants in Habitat”. Rose suggested attaching it to a clickable state map she is making.
-It was noted that we need articles, including why we need this organization for the website. Rose has articles on dormancy and breeding and general care. Articles should be understandable and approachable by the general public. Houstonherp offers to write the intro article.
-Website should have section for current rescues, including recognition for allowing or facilitating the rescue of plants..
-Website should have method of accepting contributions.

PAK agrees to redo the membership form.

It is noted that we need to follow collecting laws in each state, and respect the ICPS general rules of collecting.

It is debated who should be authorized to execute rescues with no firm resolution, except that they should sign a liability release form to protect the organization

It is agreed by vote that in the course of collection of rescue plants, that other carnivorous plants and/or endangered plants should be rescued as possible as well.

Meeting ended around 9:30PM

Caps! You left me out....though I was late....:p

Whoops! Sorry about that! It was a long transcript, and getting all the names was tough! LOL!

Capslock

Back