What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on Progress

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
For the folks who are not on the current email list, I just wanted to update you on what's been in the works since its not "visible." There has been much a-foot in NASC-land!

Since the last well-attended grower's meeting, many members have been diligently working on drawing up the Growers Policy (via email) which will outline the guidelines for the Growers to follow. Its going well and I think we will have it fleshed out pretty soon.

I want to thank all the people who have been participating in the discussion. It takes community input to come up with ideas, possible problems and solutions to get this worked out. This is no simple thing and we need the collective ideas from people with varying view points and experiences.

If you'd like to be added to the email list, please add your name to the Email post in this forum or PM/email your addy to me.

As an additional update, the Growers' Policies and Procedures (GP&P) have been developed, and will be voted on at the board meeting next Thursday, March 9.

The GP&P have also been incorporated into a Grower's Information Packet. This packet includes an introductory letter, the GP&P, and a two-page Grower's Information Sheet, which must be completed and returned by all NASC growers. The information sheet also has a confidentiality statement, prohibiting growers from sharing sensitive information (like bog locations) with anyone.

And lastly, the Growout Record is being finalized. This document will allow the growers to keep accurate and up-to-date records on all the plants they are growing for the NASC.

I think we're well on our way to getting the Growers' Committee up and running!

Regards,

Mike

Back