What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

web site

I will have a lot of time from March 10 – 18 to devote to the NASC Web site, so if anyone has ideas they’d like to kick around this week for changes and additions to the site, that would be great. For my own part, I have put together this short style sheet for anything written for the site, which everyone should look at to amend and ratify. I think it’s important, to give the properly professional appearance, that there are good standards set forth. We need consistency, and we need to maintain site design guidelines.

This style sheet is to mimic those of journals. Obviously, it is very short. And ideas for additions are great!

NASC Web site style sheet

1. Articles (news, narratives, expeditions, etc.) MUST have dates and attributed authors.
2. All text must be 10 pt. Arial in white (#FFFFFF). Emphasis is applied through the use of bolding, not size or color changes.
* We may elect to use 12 pt. font, if it’s collectively thought that 10 pt. is too small for everyone to read clearly. I’d just like one standard size.*
3. Latin names are italicized. Sarracenia is a Latin name.

Also, I have these improvements already planned:

(1) Integrate new banner. Suzanne has worked on something for us, and I will be working it into the site design.
(2) Increase menu text size. There has been complaint that the menu link names are too small.

Thanks,
Patrick Triggs

(3) Space will be provided for each committee, as suggested by Mike. The Growers' Committe may be the only one ready at this time, but all the committees could certainly benefit from an informational page on the site. The menu will gain a "committees" link which will go to a page with summaries of and links to individual committees.

Back