What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some pictures from NASC garden, Houston

some pictures from Jesse Jones Park & Nature Center

I went by and met Mike and he showed me a ton of plants in their greenhouse at the Jesse Jones Park & Nature Center which also housed the NASC plants(tagged with NASC yellow labels). I was very surprised at how many different types of plants that have been rescued or collected from the wild(with permission of course:)) Enjoy the few pictures i took!

you should be able to click on the photo to view the larger size.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="600" height="400" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&captions=1&RGB=0x000000&feed=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2Fbillylh%2Falbumid%2F5185134208096571761%3Fkind%3Dphoto%26alt%3Drss" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

~b

they have some nice pictures.

You mean pitchers? lol. Thanks for sharing those, Billy. Maybe you can go back closer to the auction and get lots of NASC pictures so we can show what the money raised is helping with.

xvart.

these were pictures i took(not "NASC pictures") today when i went by to meet mike and sign up for volunteering. i was also informed that there are only about 3 volunteers, so where are all the Houston CP enthusiasts on this?

~b

Thanks for showing all the nice pictures i rreally enjoyed them :-D

-Ryan

I've been there as well...great place, and Mike is a great dude. The bical is more like a tree huh?

Do you know if he still has that red amp? (the slideshow isn't really working for me too well).

Awesome pictures Billy. Hey, if I was still in Houston, I would volunteer, but the job moved me to San Antonio. Mike is really cool... very friendly and I respect what he is doing in Houston.

Hello all -

Thanks to billyh for taking these pictures, and MORE IMPORTANTLY for signing up as a volunteer! There is a lot of work that needs to be done with the NASC plants at Jesse Jones Park, and the more help I can get, the more the North American Sarracenia Conservancy can accomplish! Like Billy said, "where are all the Houston CP enthusiasts?!?' No experience necessary folks!

PK - That was a Nepenthes ampullaria 'Cantley's Red,' and yes, it is still hanging on. We changed out the poly folm on the greenhouse earlier this year, and some of the Neps got shocked by the additional sunlight. They'll all recover, but it will take some time.

Baylorguy - San Antonio is just a suburb of Houston anyways; you're still welcome to volunteer any time you like! :0o:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Now come on out to the park and help NASC grow some plants! : )

Regards,

Mike

Dude, those be awesome pitchers and pictures! :) Mike -- man, if I could only fly out I'd volunteer! i think its time for a road trip :) hehe....

thanks fer sharing!

Robert -

Come on out! Believe me when I say that I need all the volunteer help for NASC plants that I can get!!! :0o:

Good growing,

Mike

Awesome plants! Especially our NASC plants! hehe

Thank you to Billy for going out there and meeting Mike and volunteering. We are in need of greenhouse volunteers so its greatly appreciated.

LOVED the slide show!

Hey Mike!!

I am sarracenia addicted and will go thru withdrawals if I can not be around em!! I'll give you a shout when I am in the area!! If there are sarracenias there, I will eventually make my way to em! LOL:-D

Billy- again, great slideshow!

I can't get enough of that frog either. LMAO! sooo cute. :)

Very cool pics... I'd like to check that out next time I venture into Houston.

Huh - I'll have to check this out. Didn't even know about it - it's only 20 minutes away, but of course I find out right before I'll be moving out of state!

Sweet pics Billy, thanks for sharing. I really like that frog in the Bicalc. That's just awesome.

Daniel

Back