What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations OPEN for NASC's 2010 Board of Directors

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello everyone

We are announcing that nominations for the North American Sarracenia Conservancy's (NASC's) Board of Directors are open!

The voting meeting is the annual Member's Meeting that is open to the public for voting, Tuesday, January 14th, 2010. The meeting starts at 8 p.m. CENTRAL time and is held via Skype. If you'd like to be present for nominations/voting, please email any Board member with your Skype account name so we can add you to the Skype list. Email addresses can be found on our web site: nasarracenia.org.

My Skype ID is pakmac2 if anyone should wish to contact me for more information on the meetings.

If you or anyone you know would be interested in running for a position, please post your nominations here or email nominations to the Board (via the NASC website). Each nomination should be accompanied by a statement as to the nominee's qualifications for a position.

We encourage you to participate in the nomination and voting process. Without volunteers, who give freely of their time and skills all over the world, we surely would be a much diminished world.

Positions are:

President
Vice-President
Secretary
Head of Public Relations and Education
Treasurer
Head of Conservation
Plant Administrator
Member at Large

And, as always, we welcome volunteers. We can always use help with the newsletter (articles!), Sarracenia location surveys, education development, fund-raising, etc. Make an offer and we'll find you a "job". :)

In this tough world, it's going to take a lot of hard work to protect our wetlands and the future of Sarracenia. We've got to show the public the lands and plants MATTER!

Let's make 2010 a very progressive year for NASC and conservation!

Suzanne
NASC President

p.s. Don't forget to start those cuttings or divisions for the 2010 NASC Auction! You all make such a valuable contribution to conservation through your generous donations.

I will definitely see what i can do to help out!!! i would love to help in any way possible, so ill email you!

Is the plant administrator position part of the specimen and seed propagation program that I'm remembering from a few years back? I'm going to be setting up a 24-hour lighting rig for starting seeds soon, as well as some other propagation experiments, so I might have some space available to help out. I'm definitely interested in lending a hand where I can, but it would help to know a little bit about the duties of each position.
Best luck in the search.
~Joe

I'll make the first nomination. I nominate Suzanne for President.

Better late than never. :-/

My nominations are:

President: Arthur Yin
Vice-President
Secretary: Sheila Stewart
Head of Public Relations and Education: Jonathan Treffkorn
Treasurer: Dave Schloat
Head of Conservation: Mark Todd
Plant Administrator: JC Stoner
Member at Large: Greg Nevels

I second all of Paks nominations except for President. I also would like to nominate Artur Yin for Vice President.

President: PAK - second
Vice-President: Arthur Yin - second
Secretary: Sheila Stewart - second!
Head of Public Relations and Education: Greg Nevels
Treasurer: Dave Schloat - if you insist
Head of Conservation: Mark Todd - second, third and fourth
Plant Administrator: JC Stoner second
Member at Large:

Back