What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Auction

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
The dates have been set for the 2011 auction, so mark your calenders. The auction will start on April 23rd and end on May 7th.

Stay tuned for more details. In the meantime save up your money and find some extras to donate.

Can't wait!

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Why so short?

This is an embarrassing question... But how does the auction work?

A thread detailing the rules should be up soon. In the mean time, you can look at the rules from last year's auction in that sub-forum to get a sense of how things work:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121771
We'll have this year's official rules posted ASAP.
Excited yet? ;)
~Joe

Is there a link for teasers as to what plants are going to be offered up? :mwahaha:

feel free to start a teaser thread! :-O

I know a few individuals are already making plans. As soon as the sub-forum for this year's auction as up we'll likely start a requests/teaser discussion thread and sticky it, along with the rules post and related threads. (I think that, besides for those certain sticky'd threads, the auction forum is reserved for actual auction threads only and not discussion.)
Of course, there's no reason why someone couldn't start their own teaser thread in General Discussions or one of the topical sub-forums...
~Joe

I get it now. Thanks for the link. :)

No sweat - it's my "job," LOL.
~Joe

I've allready got $200 saved up and PLENTY of extras WHOO HOO I'm ready i'm ready i'm read i'm ready!

Is this auction USA only or will there be european stuff too ?
Next year i might have some stuff to donate myself.

I think that in the past we've asked sellers to specify where the items are coming from and where they can ship to. If it isn't specified, it's assumed to be within the US and that, for plants, normal phytosanitary regulations apply. But there are often lots of non-plant goodies, and (correct me if I'm wrong) seeds* should be good too.
~Joe

*: Possibly not, sorry to get your hopes up folks. Stay tuned for more details.

Last edited:
It would be nice if someone at the NASC would find out if it were permissible for Endangered Species Act / CITES plants to be auctioned. At least restricted to the same state as the "seller".

That's an excellent idea NaN - I'll try to bring it up at next week's meeting if someone doesn't figure it out sooner. Thanks!
~Joe

Have mine all lined up and ready to go
may even have enuf for 2 plants different species and varities not the same plants each day of the auction

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I want to be the first to thank Andrew for providing the space for this auction
Thank You Thank You Thank You,Andrew

I think that in the past we've asked sellers to specify where the items are coming from and where they can ship to. If it isn't specified, it's assumed to be within the US and that, for plants, normal phytosanitary regulations apply. But there are often lots of non-plant goodies, and (correct me if I'm wrong) seeds should be good too.
~Joe

Joe - I did some limited research on the topic a long time ago when looking at the NASC Seed Bank and international requests and there is some issue with shipping seeds overseas. I can't remember the exact details but if you get in touch with the USDA you will want to inquire about shipping "small seed lots" internationally.

xvart.

Good to know - we'll make sure to get filled in on the legalese by the time we put together this year's official rules.
Thanks!
~Joe

And update the deadbeat/blacklisted trader list

That has come up in our planning sessions. We'll be working with Andy and the rest of the general admin to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.
~Joe

And update the deadbeat/blacklisted trader list

Random crazy thought...If enough are willing we could set up a deadbeat insureance fund. If enough people mailed off a few dollars we could "take the hit" as a group and use the fund to return there money with any leftovers just going as a donation. Just a thought, feel free to ignore me :banana2:.

Back