What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC rescue near Pensacola

SRMyers

Come along, Pond
The North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC) has obtained a permit to rescue White Pitcher Plants (Sarracenia leucophylla) from a site near Pensacola, Florida. This property is being sold for development and we have the opportunity to go in and relocate the state endangered species to another location within the same region. There are many ways that you can get involved in this project. We are asking for volunteers at the Pensacola site to help remove and relocate plants and be on growing committees to help maintain the genetic population.

We are working out the dates, but if you’re interested in more information about volunteering in this relocation project, please email: conservation@nasarracenia.org

If you’re interested in being on a growing committee read the Grower and Distribution Committee Guidelines and email: plantmaterials@nasarracenia.org

We look forward to hearing from you!

Shane Myers

Head of Public Relations, NASC

I wish I could help out with this! I wish you all the best of luck in your efforts to save these plants.

We sincerely hope this is not the property along the Blue Angels Parkway?

Back