Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASC Sarracenia alata waking up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Veronis! Without the electric space heater, the temperatures would go well below freezer. The bubble wrap just inhibits the heat loss moreso than just the plain polycarbonate panel walls. The space heater was set to about 40 degrees F. I didn't want the pots to freeze solid and I knew that high winds could whisk away heat even faster.

They stayed out in the greenhouse all winter. Outside temps were near zero some nights and a min/max thermometer never showed a temp below 39 inside. The little space heater that could!

Also? <3 Harrisburg. I went to LVC in Annville for undergrad and worked at MJ's Coffeehouse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkor View Post
    Thanks, Veronis! Without the electric space heater, the temperatures would go well below freezer. The bubble wrap just inhibits the heat loss moreso than just the plain polycarbonate panel walls. The space heater was set to about 40 degrees F. I didn't want the pots to freeze solid and I knew that high winds could whisk away heat even faster.

They stayed out in the greenhouse all winter. Outside temps were near zero some nights and a min/max thermometer never showed a temp below 39 inside. The little space heater that could!
    Oh okay, I couldn't imagine that bubble wrap could be all that was needed for temps below freezing.

Space heaters certainly make good insulation lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkor View Post
    Also? <3 Harrisburg. I went to LVC in Annville for undergrad and worked at MJ's Coffeehouse.
    Right on, Annville is just 20 or 30 minutes East of here. I looked up MJ's; I'm going to have to check that out sometime soon. I like places that keep it old school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12