Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding the Recent Giveaway Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    this makes me want to become a grower even more. if i cant be involved at ground level, being a grower to maintain species is an awesome concept.

missunderstanding happen and the person that put on the giveaway should not feel bad at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pineapple, while the intentions of the giveaway were certainly good, the problem was rather with the methodology. Actually, the guidelines for the grower's program are similar to what you're describing. It would be ideal to propagate and be able to distribute these plants more-or-less freely, and in my personal opinion that should be one of NASC's long-term goals. Having a certain plant widely available in cultivation not only is good for preserving that plant's genetic lineage, but also serves as a disincentive to poaching (because the value of the plant is lowered). But our first priority is to make sure that THESE plants are grown under our guidelines, so that we will be able to do things like this in the future.
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoah! Everyone? I have spoken up yet!
    Yeah I agree, lol. I hope nobody feels embarrassed by a simple mistake. I makes tons every day!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    Thanks for the understanding guys! Like I said there was just a simple miscommunication regarding this whole issue.

It really warms my heart to see that everybody's reaction is so positive, and that you know we're trying to do what's best for the plants. CP people are really the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12